The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE, pronounced “I triple E”) was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers, when Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison were among its charter members. As a global association of technical professionals, IEEE promotes technology advancements for the benefit of humans. With more than 427,000 members in more than 190 countries, IEEE inspires the global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional training programs. Across the globe, IEEE is the trusted source for engineering, computing, and technology information.
In IEEE there are:
- more than 145,000 student members
- 344 Sections in ten geographic regions globally
- 2,702 chapters that bring together local members with similar technical interests
- 3,700 Student Branches in over 100 countries
- 3,625 student chapters of IEEE technical societies
- 634 affinity groups; IEEE affinity groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council.
- more than five million full-text documents from some of the world's most highly-cited publications in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics, which could be accessed through IEEE Xplore.
The APEC IEEE Student Branch provides opportunities to our students to meet and learn from fellow IEEE Student and Graduate Student Members and engage with professional IEEE members. As an active IEEE Student Branch, it becomes one of the best parts of your academic career, offering programs, activities, and professional networking opportunities that build critical skills outside of the classroom. As a member, our APEC students are offered with:
- Participation in regional conferences, workshops, and competitions
- Development of leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Participation in awards, scholarships and project/design programs and student paper contests
- Interaction with eminent professionals
- Access IEEE online services and resources